Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Book Rants: The Cursed Child

Well hello friends!

Most of you might already know, but the book club's favorite person, J.K. Rowling, has made a play to follow up the Harry Potter series.

Now, most of you might be screaming and fangirling over all of this, but then there's me. Yes, I have to ruin everything with my rants. Please don't be mad at me..

Harry Potter and The Cursed Child.

No, it is not a prequel.

But I don't even understand the point in this sequel! Yes, I still love Jo. No, I am not watching this play or getting the book. That's right, she put parts one and two into a book and is selling it. Okay Jo, you're milking it now.

I was happy when I closed Deathly Hallows. I applauded when Deathly Hallows Part II ended. Tears were running down my face that day because I couldn't believe what I've been reading for a year and a half (I started a bit late) was over. And I was satisfied! But now, she's released it 19 years after the Harry Potter timeline finished. C'mon! Sans would be angry at you jumping timelines!

(that's the wrong fandom)

Right, voice inside my head! Jo, don't milk it. Seriously, don't milk it. You've already had your last movie split into two parts having me WAIT. You know who else did that? Twilight! You know someone else who did the same? Mockingjay!

Now, my opinion is that those two were both boring movies. But Deathly Hallows is not a boring movie! It is an amazing movie that had me throwing my popcorn everywhere! We don't need a follow up!

Today's question of the day: Would you want to watch Cursed Child?

Chess on Sunday, Quidditch Practice on Friday, and farewell.

*disappears in a cloud of coffee*

No comments:

Post a Comment