Monday, March 28, 2016

Second, Third, and Fourth Book!

Well hello friends!

You might notice the title says that I will be telling you three books, and that is because I haven't posted in 25 days and two special friends gave books they had on the previous post!



By Nathan Tran:
I recently read this good book called The Carpet People.By Terry Pratchett.It's like a Philosophy book about the micro organisms in a carpet.Don't worry,the main characters are humans. 

Sounds like a great one! An old one too.. published in 1971, unlike the previous which was published last year. Also, seems you have an IQ of 129. 

I also have another special friend who has told their book, Alan! Tell me Alan, what book are you reading?
*looks at Alan's comment*
Wow.. I'm not sure if I should put a spoiler warning on that one! Just in case, you are now entering spoiler territory for Wolf of the Beyond: Lone Wolf. But yeah, try not to put spoilers in your recommendations unless it's a really known one like Sirius Black was innocent or something.



Alan:
Well hello! I just finished my book called Wolf of the Beyond:Lone Wolf, Written by Kathryn Lasky. It's about a wolf that had a twisted paw. He was abandoned just because he was cursed. When the wolf saw a grizzly passing by, he held on to her leg and beg for mercy. After that, the grizzly known as Thunderheart, gave the he-wolf a name, which is Faolan.

Sounds like a great one! According to the Wolves of the Beyond wiki, there are many spoilers on the page for Lone Wolf! This is also a fairly recent book which was released New Year's Day '10! It's also the first book in the series.

Welp, I need to cover up for three weeks of absence, don't I? I'll just tell you guys the book I just finished because of sheer laziness.



My book is The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan. It's a fantasy like book where the entire world is basically flooded and everyone travels in boats but there's still tiny pieces of land and people live there but it's expensive.. I'm rambling again aren't I? It's a beautiful book, it's very recent, and it has an amazing cover.

In unrelated news, I just now heard about the Magnus Chase series. Well, I knew it existed but I didn't really know the author or the plot. The author is Rick Riordan, author of the Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus series. This guy really likes mythology. This series is about Norse mythology, and I'm not going to step into that abyss until I'm done with the Heroes of Olympus series. And as you could assume, yes he is related to Annabeth Chase.

So, if you guys could, add in your own books like Alan and Nathan did! This'll make it so you guys can participate and share your books instead of me just stating my own. It makes me sound self absorbed to just talk about myself. But, if you guys are just too shy, I'll add in my own.

Thank you for reading this weekly meeting! I have a new series, called Book Rants! If you're interested, you can check that out, it'll be posted soon! Remember, Chess on Sundays, Quidditch Practice on Fridays, and farewell.

*disappears in a hurricane of pages*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment