Saturday, April 2, 2016

Fifth Book!

Really guys? You must be shy...
It is I, the grrreat Papyrus to bring you more good books!

Nobody requested a book, but my buddies and I got a book we really think is cheesy....

Yes, you are seeing that image correctly. Macarons at Midnight. My friends were picking out a book and we found this one. Yep. Thanks, Alan. Oh, and what's this on the back?

When Lise Santos stumbles into a bakery’s midnight taste test, she meets a super cute boy. He’s as sweet as the macarons they share, and Lise is totally smitten. She’s pretty sure he is, too—but they never get the chance to exchange names. Now Lise has to find him again.
When Lise finally discovers who her mystery guy is, he’s not anything like she expected- ans suddenly they don't get along anymore!. Things get even more complicated when her friend Viv  starts to express interest in him. Now Lise's head and heart are all in a jumble. Can she gather the courage to admit her true feelings ... or is this a recipe for disaster?

Wow. That summary.. Wait, why's that second macaron all squished? Come on! No, but this is just so cheesy that you'll laugh at all parts. It's even better when you read it in an annoying tween girl voice. And what's this?! A typo?!

"Breakings news.."

Nope nope this is covered in cheese. I'm lactose intolerant as well.

Hey, you wanna hear a part from it? Here ya go.

Me: Breakings news. LISE SANTOS HEADS FOR SOCIAL SUICIDE
Simone: LOL. Quit headlining. Ur not trying hard enuf
Me: EZ 4 U 2 say. Ur eating ice cream & watching vampire romance right now.
Simone: Its chocolate & zombies. Miss U
Me: U 2

U2? Like the band? I'm not even emphasizing this part, page 11 go get the book.

This author, Suzanne Nelson, has also made two other books called  Cake Pop Crush  and You're Bacon Me Crazy. Oh, and on You're Bacon Me Crazy, There are two pieces of bacon shaped in a heart. A HEART! I would still eat that though..

Okay, this book doesn't get a 5.5 stars from me. With the actual story being taken seriously, I'd give it a 2.5/5. But with the humor, I'll give it a tip and make it 3.5/5. But that's the most I'll give!

Go ahead and read this book, you'll get a big laugh out of it. I don't really know what the author was aiming for because I gave it to my 8 year old cousin and even SHE didn't like it. Was she aiming for 45-year-old parents who wanted to keep up with the times, I'll never know.

Oh, and is it just me or are all the other blogs on blogger abandoned? Just click next blog, there's probably going to be a blog that hasn't been updated since 2010.

PROTIP

(hahaha phan)

PROTIP: Listen to Undertale Piano covers while reading books. It'll speed you up. Otherwise, emo-trio, twenty one pilots, Oh Wonder, Halsey, Melanie Martinez, and Troye Sivan are your best tip.

..and mama's good eats oh wonder on repeat so much history in my head the people I've left the ones that I've kept

Thank you guys for enjoying this post and surviving through that april fool's joke! Remember, chess on Sundays, Quidditch Practice on Fridays, and farewell.

*disappears in a bunch of temmies*


No comments:

Post a Comment